Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Songs I love: My Blessed Canyon Home

I've decided begin featuring some of the songs that mean a lot to me.  The first song I decided to do is "My Blessed Canyon Home" by Jay Richards.

During my time in Cache Children's Choir, I was able to learn this song and begin falling in love with it.  Actually to be honest, I didn't really love the song at first.  It was the choir's theme song and we sung it a ton. The adults would cry, and I always felt a little awkward.

But as I've grown up, I've really come to love it.  A lot.

This song represents so much of what I love:  family, home, beauty, music.

And now, every time I make it to the end of Sardine Canyon to my blessed valley home, this song comes into my head.

My blessed canyon home
Waits long for my return
For long now have I been away
Until my eyes behold
My blessed canyon home
My heart will never rest
For there is waiting the end of journying
The long lonely road I've known
A heart is weary and longs for my return
To my blessed canyon home

In restless youth I longed
To see the world beyond
I heard the fair horizon call
Then left I far behind
My blessed canyon home
To seek my fortune there
I wandered mountainsides green and blossoming
But never did I behold
A valley lovely and ever as fair to see
As my blessed canyon home.

There's just something about home that tugs on your heart.  And brings back memories.  And makes you want to show everyone in the whole world how wonderful it is.

My attempt to show everyone in the world how wonderful it is:









photo cred to bottom right corner :) 





Thanks for reading and appreciating with me.   I'm in love with my blessed canyon home!

No comments:

Post a Comment