Sunday, September 22, 2013

Honeymoon! Oops, oh wait...I mean Honeypaulson....


On August 23rd, 2013, we were married!  Best. Day. Ever.  Seriously.  Ever since I was in high school,I've always been secretly worried about feeling so anxious, worried, selfish, grumpy, etc. that the wedding day would be a bumpy ride.  Gratefully, it was anything but.  It was amazing to have our family there and so many people we care about.  The weather was (almost) perfect and our windblown hair will only add to the natural effect of the pictures.  And I got to marry Derek, so basically a wonderful day.
I'll post more about the actually wedding day once we've got pictures, but today I'll put up the pictures from our honeymoon!  Our trip was a quick one...just enough to run away before school started again.  And boy, did we need this break.  Derek had been working full time in Riverton and Salt Lake all summer, and I had been working 90 or so hours a week as an EFY counselor.We went to Park City from Saturday to Tuesday, and then up to his Grandpa's ranch for Wednesday.  So much fun.


This is us eating dinner on one of the nights.  We didn't have a table to eat our food at so the ground it was!  

Pretty trees and mountains!


We loved the little shops and stores along main street.  They all have their own look to them, so that was really fun.



Fun little dining areas were outside many of the shops

We grabbed someone to take a picture of us. After we got home, I noticed that our shirts kind of match the background!  This must be true love.

We went into this store called Java Cow where eeeverything was about cows.  So funny.

And here is the piping.

Nasty kitty shirt

On our way to the ranch there's not much out there.
Taggart's Grill is basically the big tourist site of the area.
And how fun is that....they have pet peacocks outside.














Funny highlights of the trip:

-When we checked into our hotel, we had told the desk attendant that we were recently married.  She looks at me and asks, "So are you just starting at BYU?" (kind of asking, wow!  what a big step for this 17/18-year old girl to get married).  "No," I replied.  "I'm a senior there."  For the rest of the trip, I was haunted by the idea that someone might think might be high schoolers.
-After church on Sunday we were riding the elevator back up to our room.  A big black guy turns to Derek and says "You're a sharp dressed man."  And goes on to talk about how we need more sharp-looking men in the world.  My cute husband turns and says "well, I've got a pretty lady with me too!"  Our new friend turns to me and says, "See?  He is sharp."  
-There was no microwave in our room to cook our Sunday dinner. (we barely remembered to stop on Saturday and buy food for Sunday.  Almost a bonus fast Sunday there...)  So we wandered around the hotel for probably an hour looking for one.  I felt like by the end, everyone in the hotel had probably seen us and we looked like idiots.  Finally, we got brains and called the desk for one.  Promptly afterwards, we received a microwave :)

Overall, it was a super fun trip.  Three cheers for being married!!


No comments:

Post a Comment