Sunday, September 6, 2015

Happy days

Being Kennedy's mom is the happiest thing ever.  I love her smiles and squeals when she can't contain her excitement.  (Even if she becomes solemn the second the camera comes out.)  I love nursing her and watching her eat as if there's no tomorrow.  I love reading her stories and picking out new books at the library.  I love listening to  her sing when the Taylor Swift songs come on.  I love taking her on walks and runs (ok, guys.  Jogging stroller is the way to go.  I'm sold forever.) and seeing her look around at the world.  I love her deeply focused face and grunts as she works on a diaper.  I love being there as she splashes happily away in the bath.  I love when she hears her daddy's voice on the phone or when he walks in and she is all grins.

She's growing up too quickly, and at the same time I just love seeing her grow and learn more each day.

There are tired days, frustrated moments, times when Derek and I have to dig deep for patience (thank goodness babies grow out of colic), and it's always hard to get out the door on time for church.  But I've never felt so content, happy, and assured that I was meant to be a mom.

And now, a few pictures and videos of this little cutie.































No comments:

Post a Comment