Saturday, November 14, 2015

Wedding Reception (and a little about a wedding too)

*Life is Beautiful: 
 Our bodies are amazing.  As I've watched Kennedy begin to develop motor skills, I've been reminded about how much we have all learned and are able to do.  We have learned how to move our arms and legs, pick up objects and move them around, coordinate movements, walk, run--not to mention dancing, playing sports, playing instruments, creating.  My favorite thing is the way Kennedy watches as I workout to music in the living room.  She smiles in awe as I kick and squat and run in place.  Her face seems to say "wow.  Look at the amazing things mom knows how to do with her body.  I'm so glad I came to earth so I could have one too."


My mom is a master researcher and planner.  Also she has wonderful friends and was able to procure so many beautiful things from my aunts and ladies in the ward.  But that being said, she knows how to pull off a beautiful reception. 
We had only been living in Alabama for a couple weeks, but this last August Derek, Kennedy, and I were so blessed to be able to fly out to Utah for the day where Jennie and Matt were sealed. 
Kennedy:  The champion flyer.

It was so great to be back in Utah!  People out here have no idea what they're missing without mountains. :)

We had a lot of fun hanging out with family and then took some time the day before the wedding to start setting up the reception.  This is us hanging
lights in the trees. 



Kennedy was a champ waiting happily on the grass.





The sealing was beautiful and so happy.   If you want to see true joy and love, look at these two.  They are just adorable and are just good people.





We took a few family pictures together (including a shot of our little family in front of the temple!) , hung out at home with cousins and family, then worked on getting our beautiful Von's Park ready for a reception!

Here's Kennedy in her cute dress for the wedding.  
Joseph and Derek hanging out and being handsome

Getting a little family picture in front of the temple

It was so much fun setting up!  I managed to get a few pictures to show what it was like.  












I became obsessed with this sign from lovetoodesign.  Obsessed.




How fun is this!  We put the wedding pictures of parents, grandparents, great-grandparents onto the tree.


We loved being with family and spending time together!  It was all pretty busy but so worth everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment